Aug 5, 2009
Came across this guide to design brief writing yesterday on the Design Sojourn blog.
Given you guys have got a brief due next week, some of the advice here might help you to round things out a bit.
Brian covers the following:
- Creating an elevator pitch (which we’ll actually be covering in your Strategy for Commercialisation Project)
- Establishing a hierarchy of needs
- Communicating the key benefits you expect to implement
- Establishing the context of your design project
- Detailing your production methods
Read the full post here and follow Design Sojourn’s author, Brian (an award winning industrial designer and strategist working with asian electronics manufacturers from Singapore and Sydney), on Twitter @designsojourn
[As a disclaimer, this info shouldn’t replace what we’ve talked about in the lectures. Just use it to broaden your knowledge of the art of writing a brief, hmmkay?]